Welcome to Halton!
You may register your child at your local Catholic school office. A Youth Settlement Worker that speaks your language will be able to assist you!
Our Youth Settlement Program offers services for newcomer students: school registration, interpretation, and help with access to community services.
Need help with language interpretation or registering your child?
Please contact a Settlement Worker that speaks your language:
|Language||Settlement Worker||Phone Number|
|Arabic, English||Jalil Hussinfirstname.lastname@example.org||365-999-7987|
|Arabic, French, English||Lina Sakkabemail@example.com||905-638-3470|
|Korean, English||Catherine Leefirstname.lastname@example.org||647-237-8553 |
|Mandarin, English||Rui Caiemail@example.com||905-802-1876|
|Spanish, English||Ernesto Zambranofirstname.lastname@example.org||905-638-9528|
|Tagalog, English||Caren Menchavezemail@example.com||289-259-9207|
|Urdu, Punjabi, Hindi, English||Baljinder Kaurfirstname.lastname@example.org||289-259-4960 |
For any other language request please contact Luz-Elena Arias by email at email@example.com
Register for School in 3 Steps!
1. Find your school – use the School Locator Tool
2. Go to your local Catholic school to register
3. At the school, make an appointment with the Welcome Centre
Documents Required for Registration at School
Note: If you awaiting or missing documentation, please let the office know when you go to register at your Catholic School
- Passport or Record of Landing Form or Permanent Resident Card. Please note that Visa students, Refugee Claimants and students of a parent’s work permit must have a Letter of Permission issued by the school board. Please call (905)632-6300 for more information.
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Immunization
- Proof of Address (lease, deed, recent utility or tax bill)
- Baptism Certificate for student or parent of the student (elementary school students only)
Once you register, the school will let you know about our Settlement Services Through Schools Program and you can be referred at that time to the services available to you and your family.
Our Welcome Centres in Oakville and Milton provide students and their families new to Canada, with guidance and support as they become familiar with the Region of Halton, and their new school environment.
Some of the services offered at our Welcome Centres include:
- Math and language assessments for students
- Access to community services and resources for parents
- Access to the Youth Settlement Program
Before you contact us at the Welcome Centre, we recommend that you contact your home school directly to register first.
Welcome Centre Locations
255 Morden Road
Oakville, ON L6K 2S2
2800 High Point Dr.
Milton, ON L9T 6P4, Suite 212
Parents interested in getting in touch can contact us through email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Souhaitez-vous obtenir des services en français? Si oui, cliquez ici : https://ac.centrefranco.org/
Questions or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns, or need more information, please contact Luz Elena Arias.
Luz Elena Arias | Supervisor, Settlement Services
phone: 905-847-5113 Ext. 7