New to Canada?

Welcome to Halton!

You may register your child at your local Catholic school office. A Youth Settlement Worker that speaks your language will be able to assist you!

Our Youth Settlement Program offers services for newcomer students: school registration, translations, and help with access to community services. ​

Need help with language translations or registering your child?​

Register for School in 3 Steps!

1. Find your school – use the School Locator Tool​
2. Go to your local Catholic school to register
3. At the school, make an appointment with the Welcome Centre

Documents Required for Registration at School

Note: If you awaiting or missing documentation, please let the office know when you go to register at your Catholic School

  1. Passport or Record of Landing Form or Permanent Resident Card. Please note that Visa students, Refugee Claimants and students of a parent’s work permit must have a Letter of Permission issued by the school board. Please call (905)632-6300 for more information.
  2. Birth Certificate
  3. Proof of Immunization
  4. Proof of Address (lease, deed, recent utility or tax bill)
  5. Baptism Certificate for student or parent of the student (elementary school students only)

Once you register, the school will let you know about our Settlement Services Through Schools Program and you can be referred at that time to the services available to you and your family.

View the Program & Ser​vices Av​ailable to Newcomer Familie​s Here​​ 

Questions or Concerns?

If you have any questions or concerns, or need more information, please contact Luz Elena Arias.

Luz Elena Arias | Supervisor, Settlement Services
phone: 905-847-5113 Ext. 6


Rob De FrancoNew to Canada?