What is PLAR for Mature Students?
PLAR for Mature Students provides a quicker way for adults to acquire credits towards a high school diploma. Through PLAR, you may get credits towards your high school diploma through a formal evaluation and assessments. PLAR Assessments look at your life and work experiences since leaving high school and can award you credit for that experience, as well as grant equivalent credits for successful completion of assessments.
Am I eligible for PLAR?
PLAR is designed for Adults who:
- Are at least 18 years old on or before December 31 of this school year
- Have been out of school for at least 10 months
- Wish to complete their high school diploma
How do I get started?
Book an appointment with a PLAR assessor by contacting The Thomas Merton Centre for Continuing Education in Milton at 905-693-6676 or Oakville at 905-849-7555
Come in for your appointment with the following documents:
- Official high school transcript (contact your former school if you don’t have it) if possible! *
- Photo ID
- Proof of Ontario residency
- Immigration Documentation (for landed immigrants or refugees)
* Education that was completed outside of Ontario can be assessed if the student is not able to locate a copy of their transcriptMature Student: Prior Learning and Assessment Recognition (PLAR)