International and Indigenous Languages Elementary Program
Would you like your child to learn a new language or experience the culture and traditions of your heritage language? You have come to the right place!
The International and Indigenous Languages Elementary (IILE) Program is offered through the Halton Catholic District School Board through Thomas Merton Adult & Continuing Education.
For over 20 years, we have implemented a fun and exciting way to enrich language learning. The main goal of the program that we offer students is to develop and/or maintain the ability to listen, speak, read and write the language of their heritage or4 a new language. Through this program, students will also learn about the culture and heritage associated with the language.
The International and Indigenous Languages Program is available to ALL elementary students from Kindergarten to Grade 8 Free of charge.
- The International and Indigenous Languages Elementary (IILE) 2020 – 2021 School Year will begin ONLINE in virtual classes until further notice.
- Please refer to IILE online Instruction for more information.
- For start date and detailed class schedules, please refer to IILE Class Schedule for 2020 – 2021.
- For Languages available on Friday or Saturday please refer to IILE Flyer 2020- 2021.
- Note: your child will not need previous knowledge of the language to enter the program.
- IILE includes a full school year program (September to June) and a Summer Program (in July).
- Classes take place for 2 ½ hours once per week; Friday 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. or Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- The program is available to all HCDSB and non-HCDSB students, free of charge.
Classes are conditional on enrolment and qualified instructor availability. If you are interested in a language that is not being offered, please email us at: email@example.com.
Parents can ONLY register their child online for the International and Indigenous Languages Elementary Program.International and Indigenous Languages Elementary Program