International and Indigenous Languages Elementary Program
Would you like your child to learn a new language or experience the culture and traditions of your heritage language? You have come to the right place!
The International and Indigenous Languages Elementary (IILE) Program is offered through the Halton Catholic District School Board through Thomas Merton Adult & Continuing Education.
For over 20 years, we have implemented a fun and exciting way to enrich language learning. The main goal of the program that we offer students is to develop and/or maintain the ability to listen, speak, read and write the language of their home or heritage as well as a new language. Through this program, students will also learn about the culture and heritage associated with the language.
The International and Indigenous Languages Program is available to ALL elementary students from JK to Grade 8 Free of charge.
- The IILE Program is running ONLINE in Google classrooms till further notice.
- Please refer to IILE online Instruction for more information.
- Once you register your child online for IILE, you will receive a confirmation email with your child’s email ( @my.mertoncentre.ca) and password, to access the virtual Google classroom that will be provided to you closer to the program start date.
- IILE includes a Full School Year Program (September to June) and a Summer Program (July).
- IILE full school year program:
- Classes take place for 2 ½ hours once per week, Friday 6pm to 8:30pm or Saturday 9am to 11:30am.
- For start date and detailed class schedule, please refer to IILE Class Schedule for 2021-2022 NOW AVAILABLE
- For Languages available on Friday or Saturday please refer to IILE Flyer 2021- 2022 NOW AVAILABLE
- IILE Summer Program:
- Classes take place for 2 ½ hours 5 times a week Monday to Friday, during the month of July.
- For start date and Languages available for Summer Program please refer to IILE Summer Flyer 2021
- Registration for Summer is NOW CLOSED.
- Your child will not need previous knowledge of the language to enter the program.
- The program is available to all HCDSB and non-HCDSB students Free of charge
Classes are conditional on enrollment and qualified instructor availability. Grade level distributions are based on enrollment. If you are interested in a language that is not being offered, kindly email us at: email@example.com.
Parents can ONLY register their child online for the International and Indigenous Languages Elementary Program.
Registration for IILE 2021/2022 school year is NOW OPEN!
Registration for Summer School 2022 will open in April 2022International and Indigenous Languages Elementary Program